visa sponsorship available jobber
- Ansettelse av flere kandidaterAnixterKløftaPostedPublisert for mer enn 30 dager siden
- Job Type- Full time-Permanent.
- Role reports to- Project Manager.
- The DCT Lead will work in the data center onsite.
- Maintain the Shift Rota.
- Southern Cross UniversityDelvis hjemmekontor in ÅPostedPublisert for 7 dager siden·
- Job applicants must be an Australian or New Zealand citizen, Australian permanent resident or currently hold a visa with ongoing work rights in Australia.
Job Post Details
Data Center Integration Lead - job post
Lead Data Center Technician (2023 Norway)
Job Title: Data Center Technician Lead (Norway)
Location – Norway- Oslo/Hamar
Job Type- Full time-Permanent
Role reports to- Project Manager
Why Rahi ?
Rahi is a purpose driven company, where we consider our team as our most important asset. Rahi, headquartered in Silicon Valley was founded in 2013 and enables Digital Transformation through its portfolio of cutting edge IT Solutions & Services. Our mission is to enable customer success and create a collaborative, growth oriented culture for our team.
On Nov.2022, Rahi Systems was acquired by Wesco International (NYSE: WCC). Headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, Wesco is a FORTUNE 500® company with more than $18 billion in annual sales and a leading provider of business-to-business distribution, logistics services and supply chain solutions. In 2022, Wesco International completed a merger with Anixter, a leading global distributor of Network& Security Solutions, Electrical & Electronic Solutionsand Utility Power Solutions. Upon the merger, Anixter became the full subsidiary of Wesco. The Wesco/Anixter/Rahi group employs approximately 18,000 people, partners with the industry’s premier suppliers, and serves thousands of customers around the world, including more than 90% of FORTUNE 100® companies.
This role, while organisationally part of the Rahi systems, is made available within Anixter Norge AS, a Norwegian company within the Wesco/Anixter group.
Rahi has consistently won Comparably’s Awards for Best Company Culture, Best Outlook and TOP 50 CEOs and management. Our culture is inclusive, open and we are big believers in giving back. Want to be part of a high performance team that motivates you to excel and takes your career to newer heights?
The DCT Lead will work in the data center onsite. Typical duties include:
● Standard DCT duties:
○ Work in customer’s Data center, providing 24x7 technical support in shifts
○ Strong troubleshooting and communication skills to be able to analyze hardware and software problems; research and resolve complex issues; and interface with customers, manufacturers, and technical support staff
○ Regular physical / visual inspection of IT Server/Network equipment
○ Troubleshoot, diagnose, and repair issues with hard drives, DIMMs, CPUs, and motherboards.
○ Replace faulty components and ensure that all equipment is running smoothly.
○ Work closely with other members of the data center team to ensure that all equipment is properly maintained and repaired.
○ Monitor and maintain data center equipment, including server racks, power distribution units, and cooling systems.
○ Utilize monitoring software to track the performance of data center equipment and identify potential issues.
○ Maintain accurate records of all repairs and maintenance activities.
○ Provide onsite support during planned/unplanned power down / up events.
○ Ensure compliance with all relevant regulations and standards related to data center operations.
○ Potential: Working with OEM vendors on Servers installed with Direct Chip Cold Plate Liquid Cooling (Training will be provided)
○ Potential: Working with OEM vendors on Servers installed in Immersion Liquid Cooling tanks.
● Lead role:
○ Maintain staff coherence and morale by training, monitoring, and resolving problems quickly.
○ Maintain and strengthen working relations with all groups within and out of the IC.
○ Supervise Datacenter technicians to diagnose, troubleshoot, and resolve hardware, software, or other network and system problems, and replace defective components when necessary.
○ Ensure Quality requirements are met, ensure DCTs are properly trained and supervised
○ Ensure HSE compliance onsite
○ Report directly to the overall PM and Director of services
○ Maintain the Shift Rota
● Experience in leading teams
● preferred: HSE supervisory certification
● Knowledge of L1-L7 network architecture, TCP/IP, Switching, Routing, and Optical communication technology.
● A+ and CCNA certifications; and/or training from applicable hardware and software manufacturers will be an asset.
● Good understanding of power and airflow systems will be an asset.
● Bachelor’s degree in Telecommunication, EE, Computer Science, or other related fields.
● 2-3 years of experience in a data center environment, with a focus on break-fix and hardware repair.
● Strong knowledge of hard drives, DIMMs, CPUs, and motherboards.
● Familiarity with server racks, power distribution units, and cooling systems.
● Ability to troubleshoot and diagnose issues with data center equipment across multiply ISO/OSI layers
● Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced environment.
● Knowledge of relevant regulations and standards related to data center operations.
● Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
● Must have a business level proficiency in English.
● Good communication skills and a willingness to learn new server technologies are key requirements for this role. The candidate should also have working knowledge and experience in at least one of the following core areas: Networking, Scripting, and Hardware Repair.
● Having experience in direct-on chip cooling and immersion cooling on IT rack is an advantage
If you are a motivated individual who is passionate about break-fix and hardware repair in a data center environment, and enjoys working in a fast-paced environment, we encourage you to apply for this exciting opportunity as a Data Center Technician - Break-Fix.
Rahi is an equal opportunity employer with Minorities, Women, Veterans, Differently Abled and does NOT discriminate on any basis. Rahi is a 100% sponsor of immigration needs.
Rahi has a vaccine requirement for all of its US and International workforce, excluding certain international regions. All new hires must be fully vaccinated as per local requirements before starting at Rahi. Appropriate religious and medical pre-exemptions must be discussed by the candidate and disclosed by the candidate, during the Pre-Hire process.
Job Type: Full-time
Ability to commute/relocate:
- 2040 Kløfta: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you now or in future require visa sponsorship/work permit assistance from the employer?
Work Location: In person
Expected Start Date: 02/12/2024