New York Life

3,6Balanse mellom jobb og fritid

Sorter etter

HjelpsomhetOmtaleDato
Viser alle 3 607 anmeldelser

Great company and teams, great pay if you’re a hardcore salesperson

Anmeldelse valgt av Indeed

Den nyttigste anmeldelsen valgt av Indeed
New York Life is a wonderful company with top notch training and support from management. They sponsor and pay for your licensing, classes, study materials, etc. I am very fond of everyone I work with. That being said, as an agent you are on a 100% commission income which can be incredibly stressful at times. As long as you’re selling things are good. If you aren’t or if underwriting isn’t going your way things can be very not good. If you’re a born salesman with a deep social network this job can make you rich. If you aren’t then at best you’re going to have some very lean months, at worst you’re not going to make any income at all.

Enjoyable place to work

Great people to work with. Collaboration among agents and partners. Nothing but prospecting. Too much of a push to get registered. They care about clients. Support staff works well with managers to get everything in line and rolling. Pay scale and when you get paid are very confusing

Okay

Great culture but workload is heavy. They are in need of more people and the Salary is good. Benefits are average as well as PTO. The claims department needs help really badly.

Have to want to Prospect

Must prospect yourself… They want you to ask your friends and family first… all commissions. Great Insurance Company but 100% sales role. I wish Management would help with some cost because when you make money they make money

Awful work environment

If you're a salesman this could be a great opportunity for you. They tell you all the positives, not really the negatives. The only reason I applied is because it said Salary. Only to find out that's BS, it commission only. Its good to get Licensed for the Series 6/7 etc. But that's kind of it. I personally wouldn't recommend it, but that's just me.

FINRA Licenses

Everything Else
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Skriv en anmeldelse av det siste firmaet du jobbet for

Del din opplevelse for å hjelpe andre

Job type and pay

Flexible hours, you get what you make of it, commission only. However, you do receive two months of training pay. This would work out great for someone that doesn’t need a consistent stream of income that’s willing to work until building a portfolio of clients.

Find another job

I would say this is somewhat of a pyramid work place. Everyone has the opportunity to make partner, but you need to sell out your family and friends first. Then, when you become a management partner, you don’t manage you constantly look for more people to come work for the company.

First Friday Breakfast

Ulemper

Lots of training for nopay
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

What is the best part of working at the company?commission opportunities What is the most stressful part about working at the company?unrealistic quotasWhat is the work environment and culture like at the company?cut-throatWhat is a typical day like for you at the company?stressful, multiple cigarette breaks even for non-smokers

Fair job

I’ve learned a lot at the company and am continuing to learn and grow with it. There are lots of opportunities to move up and they give you the tools to be successful. It does get stressful at times but overall, I enjoy it.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

The work was very challenging

As a manager it was mentally draining to hear my sales team get rejections and fail to achieve sales target. Motivating my sales personell was just as difficult as selling life insurance policies

Fordeler

I am paid well and get to travel a lot

Ulemper

Highly stressed job as we have to meet sales target every month

good place

decent environment where you can move up the ladder after proving yourself. decent salary and benefits. work can sometimes be demanding especially during crunch times.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

What is the best part of working at the company?Helping people What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Getting clients is stressful What is the work environment and culture like at the company?My time there was highly enjoyable What is a typical day like for you at the company?Everyday is a grind from 8 til 8
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

I do not recommend remote

I had good management. The people are great. Just be aware that the recruiters are phenomenal salespeople. They will paint a beautiful picture. The first years are very difficult. The commissions are great if you find a way, however.

Going broke

Unfortunately, this company only wants you for your contacts. All leads for your first two years are organic. If you don't mind begging your friends and family this is the job for you. Turn over rate for an Agent is massive but they never talk about it but every meeting you will be able to tell. Good luck with this one guys!

Fordeler

Free tacos at the first of the month

No money
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Incredible culture with major opportunities

The training with this company is superior compared to most companies. Leadership is also very supportive. Culture is positive, everyone I’ve met is willing to lend a helping hand including other agents. You just have to be willing to reach out and take advantage of all the resources they have available (which is a lot).

Fordeler

Major incentives with tons of resources.

Ulemper

You have to be willing to put forth the work to truly get where you want to be.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

What is the best part of working at the company?New York Life is a wonderful insurance company with a long history of 175 years. They are a Mutual company is owned by it's policy owners whereas Stock companies have stockholders who receive stock dividends.They have wonderful staff to help train and develop a plan for success The company has wonderful benefits and a pension plan for retirement. I enjoyed my 8 years there before my retirement.What is the most stressful part about working at the company?If you are in sales meeting your quotas.What is the work environment and culture like at the company?The overall work environment is professional and friendly.What is a typical day like for you at the company?In sales, I make sales calls for appointments for new prospects and current clients for reviews, new business sales, possible office sales training, and finally meetings for new clients and products. Paperwork is filled out and turned in to be processed.

Training

They have a great training program for new agents, but you have to be very self disciplined. Overall a great company to work for with a solid foundation

Great

Fun place to work. Awesome support from colleagues and great pay. Great benefits along with a comprehensive retirement plan. Vacation days, sick days also provided.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

What is the best part of working at the company?Benefits/people the company was flexible with working conditions What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I have not complaints about working there What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Work area sufficient and culture was diversified What is a typical day like for you at the company?Meetings to be aware of progress and other meetings

Terrible

This is an antiquated company. You will go broke and be trapped by their ledger system. The managers just need applications in for their money incentives. Very male awful environment. Very poor support for your clients. Agent turnover is huge. Any remaining established agents are slippery and not role models for the industry. They want you to approach family and friends at an embarrassingly aggressive extent. Do your research on the office that you sign with. You are trapped to the MP.

No pay
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Pro- Strong Company Con-Commission Only

Great company with opportunity to help a range of clients (individuals, families and business owners). Pay is commission only no base. Training is excellent.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Vil du vite mer om å jobbe her?

Still et spørsmål om å jobbe eller intervjue hos New York Life. Nettverket vårt er klar til å svare.Still et spørsmål

Totalvurdering