National Oilwell Varco
Motta ukentlige oppdateringer om nye jobber og vurderinger av denne bedriften

National Oilwell Varco anmeldelser fra ansatte

Stillingstittel
Sted
Viser alle 3,108 anmeldelser
Jobbkultur
troubleshooting contract reviews and clarifications interface between international departs
Jobbkultur
NOV has a program called Next Gen that is used to promote unqualified recent college graduates into management positions while they refuse to promote older, far more qualified employees. I worked seven years on a three year project simply because of completely unqualified technical leadership.Sadly, NOV has never learned to value those who do the actual work to fix poor product design decisions, preferring instead to continue promoting wet-behind-the-ears recent graduates so that they can continue to waste company resources.
Ulemper
Use it or lose it vacation policy, 2 annual reviews in 7 years, Lots of layoffs. Out of date development tools
Jobbkultur
Safety oriented and great benefits.Team work place and great place to work.Alot of experienced people willing to train and help out new employees to do the job.
Jobbkultur
hoge werkdruk, maar leuke collega's goed teamwork,
maandelijks BBQ
Ulemper
maandelijkse BBQ moest je zelf betalen, winst maken op de gekoelde colablikjes
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?
Skriv en anmeldelse av det siste firmaet du jobbet for
Del din opplevelse for å hjelpe andre
Jobbkultur
A Good firm with Multinational culture that with hard work and consistency you could enhance your professional career.but in general the oil and gas sector is currently not stable.
Multinational Culture
Jobbkultur
Company benefits were the only good thing about this company. It's all who you know here. Upper management leaves a lot to be desired. Training is getting better.
Jobbkultur
Overall it wasn't bad, and I would like to work for them again. But overall a decent place. My management team worked hard to keep hard workers happy.
Lots of OT
Ulemper
It's hard to move up, not impossible, but difficult
Jobbkultur
Sinking ship, if you're really looking for a job look somewhere else, this company was a great company to work for but slowly it transformed into this place where the best benefit you have is saying you have a job
You have a job
Ulemper
I dont know where to start, its bad
Jobbkultur
I only worked there for 4 months, got a job opportunity I couldn't refuse. I was planning on working there for as long as there were opportunities for advancement, which I know there were and I recommend this company to anyone looking to make a long term career.
Flexible hours
None I can think of
Jobbkultur
Great pay and hours. Growth for moving up. Great work environment and support from management. Schedule was great Monday through Friday. Off on national holidays.
Fordeler
Schedule and room for growth
Ulemper
Oilfield has its ups and downs
Jobbkultur
This company used to be great until new management. Now all benefits/ 41k matching and many things are being reduced. Management does not try to learn how everything operates.
Fordeler
Great coworkers always willing to help each other.
Ulemper
Management making poor decision due to not knowing how their warehouse operates.
Jobbkultur
I liked working there, but the downturn in the industry took a toll on our business. The people were great to work with and would go back if I could.
Fordeler
Not strict on time as long as the work got done.
Ulemper
The lack of hiring people when it was needed in key positions.
Jobbkultur
When its slow and busy, always work to do. Its all about perspective and how you manage your time. Good managers and supervisors. FSTs are the back bone of these units.
Work
slow work
Jobbkultur
They say they can and will find a position suitable for you if jobs were to fail, etc. I got injured on the job, got placed on permanent work restrictions resulting in them terminating me instead of finding me some other position that would be accommodating even if it required me to have to relocate.
Jobbkultur
I had great coworkers and that is the one good thing that stood out. My shop was union so when it was time for contract renewal, they would promote our reps to management positions. Forcing us to get new reps, that would need more time to review the current contract and the proposed new one.
Fordeler
It looks good on your resume.
Ulemper
The pay was not great, you are a number and nothing more. And safety is a joke.
Jobbkultur
Management only cares about the pocket book, and lays off everytime you turn around. If you have a family yhis is not the job or you. Ithe only way yo suceed qith this job is if your a managers fav then you can just goof off , but if your a hard work be prepared to get yelled at for everything they're fav do wrong.
Money
Jobbkultur
It's never fun working in an environment where your efforts are never recognized. Funny thing is it is our contractor's and customers who seem to recognized a job well done. The management, never. Not a single thanks!
Jobbkultur
Good when it’s good and bad when it’s bad. Constant roller coaster. I’ve been laid off twice now. Constant changes and moving of departments. When oil is up it’s fun and good money but save up because when times get low, you are just a disposable number to corporate
Good pay
Jobbkultur
Company culture is focused on customer service and safety. Staff is appreciated and supported by managers on a personal level but the pay is not high for the industry for office workers. There is a lot of turnover because of the pay. You can learn a lot on the job.
Training, good managers
Entry level wages
Jobbkultur
Rough industry, when operating income drops so does the headcount. Industry and company are prone to layoffs. If you’re not tied to oil and gas already do something else.
Fordeler
Good people strong position in a cyclical business
Ulemper
Layoff prone, pay and severance is not the highest
Jobbkultur
Enjoyed my time at NOV in planing I had a mentor and well looked after. I would of still been there if it were not for oil price crash affecting works wide demand
  1. Anmeldelser fra ansatte