Marcus & Millichap

3,2Balanse mellom jobb og fritid

Sorter etter

HjelpsomhetOmtaleDato
Viser alle 227 anmeldelser

Decent place with a lot of hype, seems like I was sold a bill of goods though

Anmeldelse valgt av Indeed

Den nyttigste anmeldelsen valgt av Indeed
There is a lot of hype when you first come in. I didn't have the greatest experience because of my current leader on the team. I can't speak for all of Marcus & Millichap, but I just feel like I'm constantly being sold and not around the right people.

Highly Recommend

Excellent company with a great training program. Would highly recommend to anyone looking for a career in commercial real estate. Supportive staff and office environment.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

The agents are fun, company makes false promises of promotions, pay is terrible and management not held accountable

It’s fun to work with the agents, they are kind and very engaging. Company makes false promises when it comes to growth within the company, the pay is bad, management is not held accountable and is hardly ever there. It could be promising if office was paid attention to.

admin

not a good place for career path. ppl are friendly. need more structure and pay more for wonderful staff. Need more training for agents and help them more.

Good learning experience

I started working here straight out of college and it was overall a poor experience. Most of the teams in the office are led by VP's who don't have any interest in your success. It's a win- win for them. If you make money, they make money. If you don't, there are only negative consequences for yourself, as this company does not pay sales associates a salary. They will not make time to help you. Management plays favorites and will call out the same associates week after week for not meeting call requirements and other activity metrics. The workplace culture was not great and I found out quickly after being hired my core values did not align with those of the leaders in this office. The workload is heavy and the rewards are lucrative, but that is how it is everywhere in this industry. You will learn a fair amount but I wouldn't recommend working here long term.

High Upside

Toxic Work Environment, Poor Management
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Skriv en anmeldelse av det siste firmaet du jobbet for

Del din opplevelse for å hjelpe andre

Great place for beginners to learn

Great place for learning intro to real estate, mostly multifamily and NNN retail. Very chill and lax but sometimes not enough structure hurts. Management was understanding and flexible most of the time.

Chill environment, good training

Lack of internal structure

Great people. Great environment

Love working here. People are great, salary is great, work life balance great! I would recommend d this job to everyone. Greatest management t. Great great
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Not inclusive work environment.

Did not invest in overall career growth. All success is measured by is the amount of money you make. Seniors did not take a role in mentoring associate.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

You need to create the work to succeed. It will not be given to you.

Training is solid. All the resources available are also solid. Overall the company is legitimate and you have the potential to make millions as a broker, however, you will need to take the initiative yourself to make it happen. There is no hand holding.

Useless job

This job was not a good one, my time was wasted and I was over worked for the amount of time I put in and i didnt make as much money as I was told i could

Young Work Place

A young crowd that likes to have a good time, but the Agents only care about themselves when it comes to pay and money. Pay low wages to support staff after they take home millions.

company parties

Learning Experince

They hire kids straight out of college that want to get in CRE. They throw these kids to the wolves. They make near to no money but they do get to understand the CRE industry. Think of this job as a long-term internship out of college.

Learn the industry

lack of stability

Commercial Real Estate

My time at MM was short lived compared to other jobs I had. I don't feel the company culture took COVID very seriously as every week there was a new notification of someone in the office getting sick. Then when COVID was "over" I was pressured to come back into the office, where people were still getting sick.If you like yucking it up with dudebros and schmoozing with people that have more money than they know what to do with, this might be the place for you.

Fordeler

"Nice" people all around.

Ulemper

After a while, you notice the "niceness" is a front.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Cut throat, unprofessional, and silly!

This whole company seemed very fishy from the start, and everything my gut was telling me turned out to be true in the strangest way, almost as if they lived by the terrible reviews online. If you want to apply for the analyst position, keep in mind that you will be outright cat-fished. 85% of the job will be designing marketing pages for your senior broker over and over for different properties, while listening to the same 10 Muzak songs, so there is not much to learn about commercial RE. Leadership is waspy, and won’t properly welcome you into the company. Almost everyone is a shark at this company, and they embrace it. Staff is unhelpful, uncaring, and will drag their feet, which makes everything you ask for an uncomfortable experience. There’s no structure or work life balance. You will have unrealistic expectations to meet all of a sudden, and if they are not met, they will get rid of you and move on to the next one as if they were shopping for t-shirts at goodwill. They will use a ridiculous excuse, and let you go probably because the senior broker realized he was even too cheap to keep paying you $12/hr. You’ll be appointed as an independent contractor, working under a team in which your senior broker will painfully pay you out of pocket, and you will have to restate the amount, and wait for it on every pay day, to give you an idea of the unpleasant compensation structure. There are no contracts, no paper work, no employee benefits as you are being hired as an independent contractor. This is not a long term job, and nobody in the company expects you to be there long. -

Free coffee

Ulemper

No breaks, terrible work environment, no structure, unprofessional
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Income opportunity. 50-60 hours a week to be successful.

Great place to work if you like selling and making money. If you are willing to sacrifice the long hours up front … and you have the right personality you can earn a very high income.

Fordeler

Income opportunity, fun, etc.

Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

If you make the calls and actually try to build relationships with clients, you will be successful

Not an inclusive work environment. The managing broker also treats you like an employee rather than an independent contractor. If you are not one of the “favorites” don’t expect to be treated fairly even if you perform well.

Great money

Not inclusive

Tough

The culture at this company was good but you definitely are on your own as far as getting started. Don't get me wrong, they train you, but as far as your "team" is concerned, you get almost no help or guidance to get you started.

Commision
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

First job - multiple years with firm

For most agents it's all about what team you join unless you feel accomplished, talented, and driven enough to work on your own or start your own team. Worked there for many years and helped start a team from the bottom, enjoyed success for last 1.75 years after 3 years of struggle. Thought I would be there my whole career.In my last year had a personal matter (break up) cause me slow down my business generation in the summer which I explained to management and my team. At this point I had multiple strong years and current listings and was treated with disdain after this and pushed out. Very traumatic and tough experience to commit years of hard work, help start a team, then lose my job because of a short decline in productivity caused by a personal issue. Its a cutthroat company with ZERO protections for you if you run into problems with a senior agent/personal life.

Potential Money

Work life balance
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Not a great culture or work environment

The work environment was very stale and strict. I had to go on my lunch break at the same time every day without being able to join co-workers for lunch. I also had to clock in and out every day at the exact same time and hardly ever got to leave a minute early. This was also a while ago, so things may have changed since then.

Fordeler

I guess a pro would be consistency. I was hardly thrown any curveballs.

Ulemper

Short breaks and strict schedule, Not much room for advancement in my role even when I went above and beyond expectations.
Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Highly competitive and intense.

Great place to work, high potential for income. Could ultimately make career out of it if you really push hard and grind it out. Need to push and make it happen.

Productive Workplace.

Marcus & Millichap was a great place to work. The hours at the job are great and you are afforded an opportunity to maintain a great work/life balance. The team I worked with was tremendous and all my teammates, including my manager, uplifted me and provided me with the tools I needed to succeed. The workplace culture was motivating because you're surrounded by talented and professional people who are constantly making deals. I learned a great deal working at Marcus & Millichap.

Hjalp denne anmeldelsen?

Vil du vite mer om å jobbe her?

Still et spørsmål om å jobbe eller intervjue hos Marcus & Millichap. Nettverket vårt er klar til å svare.Still et spørsmål

Totalvurdering